2014-2015 Tribute Scholarships:
- Four scholarships are available for the 2014-2015 School year.
- Scholarships are in the amount of $2,500.
- The Tribute Scholarships are awarded for school year 2014-2015. Current scholarship recipients must re-apply each year and are limited to a maximum of four (4) awards.
- Applicants must have transitioned from active duty to reserve or civilian status within the last three years. Membership to the Marines' Memorial Association is not required to apply for this scholarship.
- The scholarship is open to reserve or former military personnel who are entering or already enrolled in an undergraduate college program during the school year 2014/2015.
- The scholarship is limited to undergraduate studies at accredited educational/technical institutions.
- Recipients must register and maintain status as a full-time student.
- Applications are available online here and must be completed with all required attachments and Letters of Reference no later than 23 April 2014.
How To Apply:
Make sure all the following are fulfilled:
- Complete the online application.
- For those who are not members of the Marines' Memorial Association, a DD-214 or other proof of US Military service is required.
- For those entering Freshman year, please attach a copy of your High School transcript.
- For returning University/College students, please attach a copy of your current University/College transcript.
- Attach your 250-500 word Personal Statement
- Include your 100-150 word Financial Statement if needed.
- In order to apply for a Tribute Scholarship, you need 2 Confidential References. The online application includes instructions for contacting your references. Your references must then submit a completed form by the deadline of April 23, 2014.
Incomplete applications or applications answering the wrong essay will NOT be accepted. Students may only apply for one (1) Marines' Memorial Scholarship per year.
The following criteria will be used by MMA as the basis for selecting scholarship winners.
- Completeness of the application form.
- Grade Point Average
- 2 Confidential References
- Personal Statement Essay (up to 500 words)
- Financial Information
- SAT/ACT scores or College Transcript