2014-2015 Hammer Family Scholarship:
- (updated 2/27/13 to reflect changes)
FIve scholarships are available for the 2014-2015 School year.
- Scholarships are in the amount of $5,000.
- The Hammer Family Scholarships are awarded for school year 2014-2015. Scholarship recipients must re-apply each year and are limited to a maximum of four (4) awards.
- The scholarships are open to any Veteran of the US Armed Forces who has served since 2002, and who has separated with an honorable discharge. Membership to the Marines' Memorial Association is not required.
- The scholarship is open to United States Veterans who are entering or already enrolled in an undergraduate college program focusing on Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math during the school year 2012/2013.
- The scholarships are limited to undergraduate studies at accredited educational institutions.
- Recipients must register and maintain status as a full-time student.
- Applications are available online here and must be completed with all required attachments and Letters of Reference no later than 23 April 2014.
How To Apply:
Make sure all the following are fulfilled:
- Complete the online application.
- For those entering Freshman year, please attach a copy of your High School transcript.
- For returning University/College students, please attach a copy of your current University/College transcript.
- For those applying who are not members of the Marines' Memorial Assocation, a DD-214 is required.
- Attach your 250-500 word Personal Statement
- Include your 100-150 word Financial Statement if needed.
- In order to apply for a Hammer Family Scholarship, you need 3 Confidential References. The online application includes instructions for contacting your references. Your references must then submit a completed form by the deadline of April 23, 2014.
Incomplete applications or applications answering the wrong essay will NOT be accepted. Students may only apply for 1 (one) Marines' Memorial Scholarship per year.
The following criteria will be used by MMA as the basis for selecting scholarship winners.
- Completeness of the application form.
- Grade Point Average
- 3 Confidential References
- Personal Statement Essay (up to 500 words)
- Financial Information
- SAT/ACT scores or College Transcript